Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

NIGHTSWEATS ONLY ON THE UPPER CHEST AND NECK AREA. nO PAIN

Customer Question

NIGHTSWEATS ONLY ON THE UPPER CHEST AND NECK AREA. nO PAIN OR SYSTEMS OF ANY OTHER PROBLEM.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

How long are you having this problem?

Any previous disease?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
aPPROXIMATELY TWO TO THREE WEEKS, THOUGH NOT EVERY NIGHT.mY DOCTOR DIAGNOSED AN INFLAMATION THREE WEEKS AGO AND GAVE ME AN ANTIBIOBTIC FOR A u.t.i tHAT CLEARED UP FINE. THE NIGHT SWEATS WERE BEFORE THAT AND HAVE CONTINUED AFTER THE PROBLEM
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i HAVE NO PAIN, BUT i,M CONCERNED BECAUSE IT DOESN,T GO AWAY.mY SKIN COLOUR REMAINS NORMAL.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

Night sweating can be due to no identifiable causes when it is called idiopathic hyperhydrosis.

In other cases it can be a symptom of menopause, infection like tuberculosis, some cancer particularly lymphoma, hormone problems like carcinoid, effect of medicine,low blood glucose & nerve disorder like autonomic neuropathy etc.

Though you are not feeling any other symptom it is safer to discuss the problem with your doctor & to take some tests to rule out the above conditions.

I hope this information will help. <br /> <br /> Please ask if you need any clarification. <br /> <br /> Best wishes.        <span class="smtext"><br /></span>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
tHANK-YOU DR.SAHA.I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND DISCUSS IT WITH MY DR.I APPRECIATE THE HELP YOU GAVE ME.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
If you are satisfied with my answer kindly leave a positive feed back for me.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am very satisfied with the information and kindly leave a very positive feedback and recommendation to all who may have concerns to contact you Dr. Saha.With my appreciation & thanks, Heather
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
You are always welcome to JA,, Thank you very much.