Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

i HAVE ORAL HERPES. IT MAKES MY BREATH SMELL VERY BAD. I tried using lysine but it didn't work any suggestions for treatment. It also makes my eyes yellow and watery
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 8 years ago.

The causes of bad breath are numerous. They include:

Food. The breakdown of food particles in and around your teeth can cause a foul odor.
Dental problems. Poor dental hygiene and periodontal disease can be a source of bad breath.
Dry mouth. Saliva helps cleanse and moisten your mouth. A dry mouth enables dead cells to accumulate on your tongue, gums and cheeks.
Chronic reflux of stomach acids from your stomach (gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD) also has been associated with bad breath.
Mouth, nose and throat conditions. Bad breath is also associated with sinus infections because nasal discharge from your sinuses into the back of your throat can cause mouth odor.

In my opinion you need to be seen by your dentist to rule out any associated dental problem as well.
Also other possible causes like sinusitis ,GERD should also be ruled out .The cause of bad breath need to be diagnosed to treat it effectively .
Thank You .

For reference