Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

I have a temperature of 39.5 degrees Celcius and a heartrate

I have a temperature of 39.5 degrees Celcius and a heartrate of 131bpm (and I am not doing anything physical). I also have a blood pressure of 121/81. I saw a doctor yesterday who said it was just the flu, however I am not 100% sure and is it worth going to the doctor again for a second opinion??
what symptoms do you have... fever, chills, runny nose?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes to the Fever, yes to chills and sort of to the nose. It was blocked but now it is very clear, I have very swollen tonsils which is why I was prescribed the penicillin
well you might have strep throat or tonsilitis which is different from flu as you are on antibiotics.. it usually takes upto 36-48 hours for medicine to act or control fever.. your heart rate is fast becuase of fever.. you can take tylenol or ibuprofen for it. Drink plenty of fluids.