Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I have a nagging pain under my left breast. It feels like

Customer Question

I have a nagging pain under my left breast. It feels like it is on the breast bone. It started with two Sunday's ago, when I reached for a door knob with my left hand, and a sharp pain shot through my left shoulder blade that almost had me incapacitated for several minutes, and appeared to transfer pain to the left breast bone. In April, I had a full physical to include MRI, EKGs, seen Cardiologist, etc., I was fine; however, 6 months later, I am back to the same pain. This time I've been seeing an Chiropractor, but I am in pain, it is no longer sharp but it is persistent.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 8 years ago.
This appears to be a pain of Costochondritis. Costochondritis typically affects the joints of the ribs at the breast bone, it can also affect the sternal joints or the breast bone joints.

You should consult a doctor for this, preferably an orthopedician. You should discuss about costochondritis with him.

Treatment options are Physical exercise, heat compresses, Medications, rib support and steroid injections to the joint if it is too severe.

You can look up here:

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.