Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,

Is it normal if your blood pressure is 125- 85 before exercise

Customer Question

Is it normal if your blood pressure is 125- 85 before exercise and after a 20 minute run its at 135-90??
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 8 years ago.
<p>Hello</p><p> </p><p>Yes, this is the high end of normal, but it is still considered normal blood pressure. You wil want to report it to your doctor at your next check up. You will want to keep an eye on it and be seen sooner if it goes higher than this. Kerry</p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I suffer from anxiety , wondering if this could affect my numbers?

Expert:  Kerry replied 8 years ago.
Hello Yes ma'am, it can most certainly effect your numbers. Again, some couseling should help that more than anything. There are some antidepressants other than wellbutrin that can help with this as well.