Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

ok I have been checked multiple times for HPV and other STDs

ok I have been checked multiple times for HPV and other STDs and have always come up clean. I noticed a small red dot on the head of my penis this morning and I am nervous about what that might be. my GF and I have been tested and are both clean so I am confused as to what this could be. I waited a day before writing and the redness lessened and there was no raised bump. please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

Can you tell me if the spot is raised or flat?

Does it itch?

Are you having any discharge or painful urination?

Thanks,

Macy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it didn't feel raised up, not itching, no discharge. doesn't hurt to pee
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

It could just be a little ezcema ( dry skin).

You can try putting a little 1% hydrocortisone cream on the area.

Don't have sex until it clears up.

If after a few days it isn't better then you can have it checked.

Best Wishes,

Macy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ezcema or psoriasis, are those contagious? i already freaked out and cut the dot off :(
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

Yikes!

How did you cut it off?

Dry skin is not contagious.

The reason for not having sex was for it to have time to heal witout friction.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i was scared and i panicked, i used fingernail cutters. I'm sorry this is something i haven't had to deal with before
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

ok.

If you are bleeding hold pressure on it until it stops.

Put on some antibiotic ointment and keep an eye on the area.

If it comes back or the area gets red and swollen you might have an infection and then go to the doctor.

Best wishes,

Macy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i put some polysporin on it and it seems fine. thank you for your help.
Expert:  Macy RN replied 5 years ago.

You are welcome.

Next time though save the clippers for your nails. :)

Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience: RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ill try but you don't understand how scared i am. this isn't something that has happened before. i keep running through the scenarios. my and my GF live together and have cats, i thought it might be a bite, but it doesn't itch. and i don't want to hurt my GF...