Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics

dizzy, had chest pain, and feeling out of my body

Hi, I was speaking with someone but he is offline now, but I am having anxiety issues...I think. Since yesterday I have been dizzy, had chest pain, and feeling out of my body. Today I stood up and almost passed out. I have been to the ER numerous times and have had EKG's, blood work, chest x-rays, stress test, echo, PFT and a CT scan of my head which were all said to be normal. Should I worry about this being a medical issue? Can these symptoms really be caused by anxiety and can they last all day?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 8 years ago.

These symptoms are very commonly reported by patients suffering from anxiety!

As you have mentiond that you have gone through a series of tests,which were all normal, there are chances that it may be because of anxiety.
Anxiety disorders are very much treatable .

Please see this link for more information!

Symptoms of anxiety

If you have any other query, please tell me!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Should I be worried that something physically is wrong with me? Do you think that these tests rule out anything serious? Can I have these symptoms all day for days at a time?
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 8 years ago.

These test do rule out most of the serious medical disorder,I can't say all of them from here!

As you have written earlier also that all the investigation results were normal, and you have visited ER several time in past,and they found nothing significant !

Therefore we can keep Anxiety disorder as one of the possibility in your case,and it must be ruled out!

There is no fixed time duration for these symptoms!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well I went to the ER last night because of the dizziness and they did blood work, chest x-ray, EKG and a urine test. Everything was normal. They said they have no idea why I am dizzy. So I guess my chest pains aren't cardiac. Also, I was suppose to take my Lorazapam at 11:30 last night, but fell asleep before then and woke up in the middle of the night sometime to take it, but I can't remember when. When do you think I should take my next dose?