Brad, Paramedic (EMT)
Experience:  EMT, IV MAST

pain in stomach just above my appendix(which was removed years

pain in stomach just above my appendix(which was removed years ago). pain increases when i take a deep breath or when i put pressure on it
Category: Health
Expert:  Brad replied 8 years ago.
Possible hernia, Have you had to lift any heavy objects or hard a coughing fit or perhaps bowel movements that were difficult? I would suggest that you go to a physician to be checked. You dont want it to be strangulated.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I thought the hernia was lower, I took gas-x and maalox before bed last night and it feels alot better, not fully gone but i will continue to take those today and see how it goes, what do you think
Expert:  Brad replied 8 years ago.
It could be gas. A lot of times the appendix is confused with gas. The thing is that gas usually hurts over a larger area than the appendix area that you describe. A Hernia can be as high as the navel. As we age, the abdomen gets weaker and the area where the testis drop from which is already thin walled, can fail. The types of hernia are femoral, Inguinal, umbilical and epigastric. The area that you describe is the inguinal hernia area and the surgery that you had would have caused a weakness there anyway, There are two possible weaknesses then (the testical pouch and the surgery site.) It would be best to get it checked.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it hurts more after i eat but i didn't know that yesterday cause i hadn't eaten anything yet, so i took correctol about 1:30pm today so if it doesn't get better bt tomorow i"ll go get checked
Expert:  Brad replied 8 years ago.
Okay, you are taking alot of medications for this problem though.