Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

just had a bout of dizzy,confused,blurred vision,had my brother

just had a bout of dizzy,confused,blurred vision,had my brother who is a diabetic come over and check my sugar it was 65   drank oj with some sugar in it went to 107 felt better this is happening a few times a week..had a breakfast of eggs bacon milk 1 hour before i got sick..dont have insurance to get check up...should i try just a different eating habit ?im 46 with no health problems,but 2 brothers with juvinial diabetis...
are you on any medicines ? is there a possibility that you have taken exta pills which belong to your brother ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
im on no meds he is on insulin has been for 35 years suspected low sugar just used his tester
have you been eating enough... what are your dietary habits like?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
probibly dont eat as good as i should had a good dinner last night around 8 meat nooddles salad milk had eggs bacon toast milk at 9 this am got dizzy around 10
do you get dizzy every time you eat .. if so whats the usual time after you eat to get these symptoms?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no not at all it seems to happen a few times a week usally between 8 and 10 in the morning i usally dont eat breakfast but today i did and it happened any how my brother suggested eating cerial before bed and when i get up but hes no doc and its kinda scarry when it happens ,with the blurry vison and slow reactions
i know you dont have insurance but you would need to see a doctor so that he can run some tests to identify the cause for this low blood sugar including serum insulin level, C PEPTIDE.. may also need imaging as MRI to look at the pancrease to rule out any tumor that might be causing it namely insulinoma.. also important to rule out post prandial hypoglycemia/ adrenal disease.