Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

Two years ago - internal itching - diagnosis gluten intolerance.

Two years ago - internal itching - diagnosis: gluten intolerance.   Have avoided all gluten as much as possible. Last week - internal itching is back - worse than before. Nothing helps. What should I do?
do you have celiac diseaSE, did you have any problems since last two years being on gluten free diet?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do not have celiac disease....I am gluten intolerant only. Have been gluten-free for two years. I have felt so much better - no headaches, no indigestion, no bloating.
if your diet is the same .. you may have develop intolerance to some other food which develops slowly. best bet is to see your doctor again
On a different note .. just a word of precaution if you have been compliant with your diet and still have ongoing symptoms it will be important to see the doctor as People with celiac disease/gluten intolerance who don't respond to a gluten-free diet after several years also have a greater chance of getting one of several forms of cancer, especially intestinal lymphoma and bowel cancer.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

More information for you (did not think it was important)....I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year (10/2007) mastectomy. Stage 1. Triple negative. No lymph node involvement. Oncologist said chemo not necessary.

Cannot (or will not) see doctor until December. We are in Italy - returning to the USA end of November.

Any thoughts? What can I do to "get by" until then? Diet? Exercise (work out 1 hour per day six days per week)....

thanks for further information. best bet would be to try to exclude food items one by one which cause similar symptoms. exercise is great and you should continue it but may not help with the symptoms.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What types of food items?????? I eat nothing with gluten...what else should I avoid??
try lactose free milk, also when you eat somthing and get similar symptoms avoid it in future. it will be a tidious job but thats the only way to find out which food is giving you trouble.