A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I was on celexa 40mg, wellbutrin 300mg,darvocet, skelaxin,

Customer Question

I was on celexa 40mg, wellbutrin 300mg,darvocet, skelaxin, neurontin, estrace, mirapex, verapamil and imitrex. I had pain all the time. Since going off all meds I feel 100% better. Can you tell me if these meds were causing me some side effects that I didn't know about that would cause my pain to be so intense?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Pain is not mentioned as a side effect of any of the medications you were taking. In fact, Darvocet, Neurontin, and Skelaxin are meant specifically to relieve pain, and Imitrex is for migraine pain. Celexa and Wellbutrin are for the depression that often comes with pain. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, but puzzled as to why you would be. There isn't any good explanation for it.