Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

I am feeling dizzy this morning with some nausea. I have tried

Customer Question

I am feeling dizzy this morning with some nausea. I have tried to lie down and rest but everything is spinning. I have had vertigo once before but am not sure if that is it or if it could be from water in my ear from washing my hair this morning. I am on BP medicine and it was a little elevated this morning but I have taken that and am waiting for that to kick in. Is this vertigo or maybe meniere's?
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
how long havehad this ... any hearing loss.. did you feel the room spinning or do you have ringing in ears?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
about two hours now and yes the room does feel like it is spinning and I tried to lie down and everything was spinning. i have ringing in my ears sometimes anyway so i can't say that is any different. i do feel some pressure in my right ear.
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
menier's disease is one of the cause of vertigo but its progresses slowly over years and involves hearing loss. since you have ear fullness and high blood pressure ... it could be from them ....
you would need to have your hearing checked . also take your blood pressure medicines religiously. you can take meclizine 25 mg prn for it with valium. it should take care of the vertigo but an exam is a must by your doctor.