Joseph Gelis
Joseph Gelis, Nurse
Experience:  LSU Graduate 1992 w/ Bacc. Science in Nursing, 15+ years bedside nursing, mostly in critical care.
8973592

My heart beat..my arms..my throat feels all tight and under my chin

Customer Question

I have been experiencing these attacks i think you would cal them for about a week now. My heart beat seems to speed up, my arms go all tingly, i feel hot then i go cold, feel dizzy, my throat feels all tight and under my chin. Then once that has passed i feel all shivery and tired. I am wondering if it is panic attacks or could it be my heart?
Category: Health
Expert:  Joseph Gelis replied 8 years ago.
Have you seen a doctor regarding these symptoms?

Have you been overly anxious or stressed the passed week or so?

Have you been able to identify a trigger that has set these episodes off?

Do you have any chest pain with these episodes?

How long do these episodes last?

Has this happen before and do you have a history of heart disease?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi i started on day when we were on a day out and we were very late having dinner and i felt a little dizzy in the car and i got very anxious about the situation and that is how it started. They can last anything from 10 mins to 30 mins. I do get a pain between my breasts with it and my neck gets very tense. I do not have a history of heart problems but my dad has angina and other heart problems.
Based on the above stated symptoms along with substernal chest pain, associated with anxiety and dizziness, and a family history of heart disease, I strongly recommend you scheduling an appointment with your primary care physician for an exam and additional diagnostics. There is a definite possibility that it could be cardiac related and heart involvement needs to be ruled out. You are young, but family history is a significant risk factor in the development of heart disease. I hope this has helped and you get some favorable answers.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you very much, i had an ecg last year and they said it was fine. But i shall make an appointment with my gp and get everything checked out. Thank you very much
Thank you for allowing myself and Just Answer to assist you.