Victoria, Chiropractor
Experience:  25 years overall experience in health care from hospital-based intensive care to private practice

I am a 34yoa female who has been suffering from abdominal bloating,

Customer Question

I am a 34yoa female who has been suffering from abdominal bloating, weight gain, tired, acne-like leisions on my upper torso. I seen my GP who refered me to a gastro. dr. who did an endoscopic exam, ultrasound, HIDA scan. The results were GERD and the removal of my gallbladder (ejection rate found on HIDA scan was 9%). I still had no relief from the sever bloating (I look like I'm preg) or the weight gain. I up to 154 now and my normal weight is between 125-130. I went to see an endocrinocist and he is sending me back to the gastro dr. Can anyone help?
Category: Health
Expert:  Victoria replied 8 years ago.

Did the endocrinologist check your androgen or male hormone levels. One possibility that fits some of your symptoms, but is very likely to be overlooked and under-appreciated by many doctors is PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). It is just thought since the more common diagnoses do not seem to be the answer. You may read more about it here:

Beyond this you may have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) which is really a diagnosis by excluding other possibilities for which there are tests. Here is a website that will give you a better grasp of IBS:

Hopefully you have found this information helpful. If so, please remember to click the green accept button so that I may get credit for my work. Your taking the time to leave positive feedback would also be greatly appreciated. Of course, bonuses are the ultimate reward and considered very special indeed! Thank you.

Warmest regards,