Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
What are the treatment you have taken?
What is MRI report?
Infra means below, patella is knee cap. Below the knee cap there is a bursa (soft tissue with fluid) which gives cushion and surface for the smooth movement of the joint. If there is inflammation in the bursa, it is called as infrapatellar bursitis.
Following comprehensive measures can be helpful;
1) Knee care in the activities of daily living. Few simple self-care measures can be remarkably effective in ending pain cycle.
Avoid prolonged standing, prolonged walking and sitting with folded legs.
2) Rest: Taking a break from your normal activities reduces repetitive strain on your knee, gives the time to heal and helps prevent further damage.
4) Physical therapy; the goal of physical therapy is to strengthen the muscles around your knee and help you regain knee stability. Ideal is supervised physical therapy.
5) Orthotics and bracing.
6) Glucosamine and chondroitin orally
7) Hyaluronic acid injections in knee.
8) Local sprays and ointments to your skin may help relieve the pain and stiffness.
9) Electrotherapy by physical therapist.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
Direct injury, friction injury, sports trauma, injury associated with the osteoarthritis are the causative.
It is pleasure assisting you.
You are welcome.
Best wishes and kindest regards.