Ask Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D. Your Own Ques...
Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D.
Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D., Medical Doctor
Experience:  General Surgeon - 40 years; currently praciticing Adult Medicine

my body feels limpy after i do simple house chores... i feel

my body feels limpy after i do simple house chores... i feel like i had a glass of wine.. its scary.. i also feel slow moving.. my body feels heavy.. or mylimbs go numb.. hard to explain... if i sit for 10 minutes i start to feel heavy, like my limbs go numb... was checked for ms, had mri for head, neck and spine -- every thng checked out normal. my mri for the brain lasted only 8 minutes due to clostrophobia.. but dr said he was able to tell that there was nothing wrong.. so confused so scared. i did test positive for epsteinn barr in june.
Since most chronic diseases are ruled out, you could be suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is characterised by extreme fatigue and heaviness which is aggravated by exercise, pain and weakness of some muscles, tenderness at some points, headaches, nausea, dizziness, sleeplessness, loss of memory or concentration and flu like symptoms like sore throat, weakness, hypersensitivity to nonoxious fumes, etc.

The exact cause of this is unknown, but it is theorised that it could be a post viral illness. The fact that you have tested positive for Epstein Barr makes this very likely. It is often associated with psychological conditions like depression and anxiety.

The treatment for this is mainly lifestyle changes.

Two important ways in which to combat this are:

Maintaining a positive attitude: see here.
Exercise: see here.

You should look up these sites for more info and tips:

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.

Hi pina1068, All that Dr. Baughman says is quire trus and excellent info, however I would suggest that something as simple as the 'Kissing disease" (mononucleosiswould have similar or same symptoms, and was not ruled out by the lab you noted,

Even experts do not agree on all areas,

If this helps please click on Accept, if not please take the advice from Baughman, and my best wishes. If it is not too much trouble, I'd like to know how this comes out for you. Dr. L

Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D., Medical Doctor
Experience: General Surgeon - 40 years; currently praciticing Adult Medicine
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do you think this is from my eppstein barr or anxiety... its very uncomfortable feeling.. i have lots of widespread tingling.. its really annoying. can it be circulation problem, and how can i test for it. i have no swelling.. but feel like there are bugs crawling up my torso and lips/mouth area.

Hi again pena1958,

It is probly related to anxiety. I would not think it a circulatory problem, but a physician examining you woukd be able to rule that out rather quickly. It sounds a little like restless leg syndrome only not the legs involveds

I believe that anxiety is the most like answer, but listen to your physician who is in the best position to determine your diagnosis..

I hope that I answered your question to your satisfaction, abd good to you. If you have more questions please get back to me. Dr. L Ps Since EB Syndrome can involve other porcesses be sure someone follows up on this.