Dr Campen
Dr Campen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician

MOUTH PROBLEMS

tI have had every test going and still no diagnosis. first it the doctor thought it was burning mouth disease but this has been elliminated.

My mouth is completely dry and I have to constanly chew chewing gum to keep my mouth moist. In fact I have to go to bed chewing gum other wise my mouth completely dries up.

I have constantly (when chewing) a white frothy thick saliva and sometimes this has a sweet taste and on other occasions nasty taste.

I am going out of my mind and no one knows what is causing it. PLEASE PLEASE HELP

sANDRA
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Campen replied 5 years ago.
you may have a stone in your parotid gland duct. the parotid gland makes saliva. if you have a stone in the duct, the saliva can't be secreted into the mouth. An ENT doctor can check this or your doctor can order an ultrasond of the parotid duct
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Doctor Campen thank you very much for your answer . I have been to see the ENT doctor and had a scan of my sinisis and this was all clear. Is the ultrasond of the parotid duct different from this scan?

I am taking dosulepin 75mg .

Expert:  Dr Campen replied 5 years ago.
The ultrasound is different than a sinus CT. I highly recommend this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you again if it is not a stone in the gland could it be anything else. The white flothy saliva can best be described as being like wall paper paste that is how bad it is

oince again thanks

Sandra

Expert:  Dr Campen replied 5 years ago.
It could be a problem with the parotid gland all together
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Problem is doctor is that I dont have any swellings or redness just the completely dry month in fact if I dont cheq something my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth have your heard of this complaint by people who have a stone in the gland.

thanking you

Sandra

Expert:  Dr Campen replied 5 years ago.
This is a problem with saliva which comes from the parotid gland. Do you take any other medictions? Allergy medications can also cause very dry mouth
Dr Campen, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Emergency Physician