Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck, I have pain under

I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck, I have pain under my right sholder blade and some times down my trisep to my elbow. It has been hurting for three days and is makeing it hard to find a position to sleep at night. I have taken some motren for the pain, but in order to sleep I have to be on my back.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
do you have pain in the front and back of chest.. is i constant or comes in or go? what medicines have you been on.. any tests?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Pain is in my back and goes under my sholder blade, pain comes and goes it seems heat and my massager help. but it is like a tooth ache pain and prevents me from sleeping all night.

Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
it could be from the pinched nerve but also important to rule out other causes including heart disease, gall bladder issues and or pneumonia / clot. I would advise seeking help with the doctor sooner than later so make sure things are checked properly. As for pain you can take aleeve or muscle relaxant but an exam to confirm is a must