Ask Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D. Your Own Ques...
Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D.
Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D., Medical Doctor
Experience:  General Surgeon - 40 years; currently praciticing Adult Medicine

I have fibromyalga an fibrous knots all over my body they hurt

Customer Question

I have fibromyalga an fibrous knots all over my body they hurt as bad. I have had neck , back, knee sug. and all of these places seem to hurt more all the time.    I take med.      oxycodone 80mg. 2x day - hydrocodone/apap 10/500 4 day -Tramadol apap 37.5/325mg. - tramadol 50mg 2 x4day-Flector patch to use on my legs that hurt - Lantus solostar 45units 100mg.    an Benicar hct 20/12.5mg. bp   an provigil 200mg. 2 day   and PM to sleep.   Can you tell me what I can do. I have been on alot of other med. that did not work. and cant take Luysta ? for it.                      Barbara
Category: Health
Expert:  Ronald E. Lemmons, M.D. replied 8 years ago.

Hi Pain B,

Thanks for the question and sorry to hear of your problem. Lyrica is currently the only medication recommended by the FDA for fibromyalgia. Of course there are lots of meds to kill the pain. Why can't you take Lyrica?(If that was what you meant by Lysta.

Have you tried Lyrica?

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. If so please click on Accept, otherwise get back to me with more questions or info. I would like to hear how this comes out anyway if not too much trouble. Dr. L