Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS

I am worried because I saw flakes discharge in my urine after

I am worried because I saw flakes discharge in my urine after I went to the bathroom. What could this be? I do not have any burning upon urination or anything.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 8 years ago.

How long has it been going?

Were you dehydrated recently like after extended exercises or running?

Has the frequency of urination gone up?

Is there any change of color?

Any pain in the abdomen in the groins or flanks?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I just noticed that I had some flakes of discharge in the urine but there is no form of pain. I have been drinking green tea, and not water today.I frequently urinate but this is something that has been going on for awhile. I was told that I have an overactive bladder

White flakes can be sometimes normal as aprocess of normal turnover of the urinary system.

Another reason would proteins in the urine due to ineffective filtration of the kidney.

An urinary infection can also give rise to flakes in the urine but usually there is associated burning and discomfort.Sterile pyuria is possible as in cases of urinary tuberculosis.

Another possiblility would be Interstitial cystitis( bladder disease)where there is such symptoms with out evidence of urinary infection.In males there could be traces of semen due to tretrograde ejaculation and females cervical mucus can produce flakes.

If you are asymptomatic try drinking plenty of water.See a doctor and get an urine infection done to be on safer side.A cystoscopy that is viewing of inside of the urinary system may be needed to rule out other diseases.

I hope this helps you.