Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics

back..of the time which also tends to cause severe tingling in my legs

I have been dealing with several items for about 5 yrs now and my Drs are not able to give me a difinitive answer.   I think I am just a quandry to them. Every year between October to March I deal with mass fatigue, tenitis, dizziness and lower back discomfort which feels like I am on that time of the month all of the time which also tends to cause severe tingling in my legs. The tingling is with me all year. It has gotten better though. But it will get worse in October. A neurologist ran several tests Mri's, cat scans as well as blood tests. After about 3 years of testing, he said my last blood test was positive for either lupus or a tissue disease. I do get rashes in the summer with heat as well as underarms. My regular doc has pretty much disregarded or tried to help. I was looking around recently and thought maybe because of the time of the year, I may have SAD. I however am not depressed or moody. I just hate winter. So some insight if you can?
Hi chriscee

Winter Seasonal Affective disorder do present with symptoms such as

significant increase in weight
an increase rather than decrease in sleep
a heightened sensitivity to interpersonal rejection
leaden feeling in the extremities
craving for carbohydrates.

onset in the late fall and early winter and remits in the late spring and early summer

women are more likely to be affected .

Are you having these symptoms? and similar presentation.w
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Only the increase in sleep during those months mentioned earlier

These symptoms along with there seasonal occurance may point towards SAD.

mass fatigue, tenitis, dizziness and lower back discomfort which feels like I am on that time of the month all of the time which also tends to cause severe tingling in my legs.

Have you ever been treated on line of SAD?
Or have any one diagnosed you suffering from SAD?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

No never been diagnosed or treated for SAD just was researching and noticed that the times were about the same as mine. Also, I forgot to mention that I get disoriented as well during this time of year. I.E. walking into a room and forget what I went into the room for.

Not sure if this could possibly cause the lower back discomfort and leg tingling or if it would cause spasming in my uterus. From what I was reading, SAD looks like a condition that makes you depressed or moody. I don't believe that I display this in the winter months. I also do not gain weight or crave certain foods.

The neurologist I was seeing suggested Lupus or a tissue disease from my blood tests. He is not a specialist on the matter so he sent me to a Rhuemetologist. That went nowhere fast. There are many types of Lupus so it would be hard to diagnose which one so I could start prevention. It also seems that many dr's may diagnose Lupus because there are so many symptoms that could pertain to any of the certain types of Lupus or they just really don't know. If it could be Lupus, who do I see and how do I go about getting a diffinitive answer? Do we do more extensive blood tests?

I wish there were an easier answer and that I could get onto not having any symptoms of what ever it is I am dealing with. Mainly I was hoping to start some prevention if I could get an idea of what is going on before the winter months hit. It may have nothing with the time of year at all but this is always when I start having problems.

In SAD sometimes felling of being depressed and anxious is missing .

In your case,it is difficult to comment from here why this is happening.

You are already under treatment of a Neurologist.

I wish you soon find out and get well.

I am opting out from this question!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have not seen the neurologist since my blood test a few years back as he said this was not his specialty so he sent me back to reg. dr. which has done nothing on the matter.

I was hoping for a better answer and I do appreciate so much your time. I will go ahead and pay the $15.00 as this was what I was paying each time I saw any Dr or had any tests done. And you certainly deserve it. Is it possible though to have another expert take a look and maybe get a different perspective?

Thanks again

Have a great night.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Also you don't have to do it now. You all have my e-mail address if you happen to have someone else look at our conversation and they can get back to me later if they may have some kind of idea. It is late and I need to get to bed. Thanks again.

Thank you so much.I am opting out and will refer this question to another expert here.