Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
4079050

seriously increased heart-rate and body temperature..extremely..head

Hi I'm writing because I have been having a lot of dizzy spells recently, and once in the last month a seriously increased heart-rate and body temperature that lasted only a minute, but I felt extremely sick, and actually almost shit my pants... I was on a plane; if I had been standing up I would have fainted, but as I used to faint as a child sometimes, I knew to put my head between my legs and wait it out. Anyway, recently it has just been a lot of dizziness, restless sleep, night sweats. And something that has been happening to me since i was young and had stopped for a while but is happening again is: this sharp sudden pain in my neck, it's there and then it's over. But it's pretty painful for a second. I'm just wondering if anyone can help me in figuring out what is wrong with me, or if it is even necessary to see a doctor. Thanks! I'm a 25/f who eats healthy and exercises if that helps.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Hello Nan,

The symptoms you are describing can be present in variety of medical problems,and it do require a complete medical check up before a conclusion can be reached.

These symptoms can be also because of Anxiety disorders presenting in somewhat similar way,but before we can say it is because of anxiety we have to rule out other neurological conditions.(Are you under a lot of stress these days!)

Symptoms of anxiety

You have sharp transient pain in neck, history of fainting episodes in childhood,therefore in my view you should consult ideally a Neurologist or a Physician first.
You have any other query, please tell me.

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A little while ago while I was in New Zealand I had to have a blood test for visa papers, and there was one strange thing that came up on them... I'm not sure if it means anything but it may help. It said: MCV:99FL (80 - 96) Borderline macrocytosis. Consider B12/Folate deficiency, liver disease, iron overload, and hypothyroidism. THey weren't worried about it, so either was I, but I also didn't tell them any of my other issues considering it was just an appointment for a visa application.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Hi Nan

Thanks for the information.

The value is slightly higher, but anyway on its basis alone one can't reach to a conclusion.
To rule out these conditions also other tests and clinical examination is necessary.
In my view , a thorough clinical examination may be more useful in finding the cause.

Regards
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience: M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics