Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP
5101698

I have a cut at the side of my mouth like a paper cut which

I have a cut at the side of my mouth like a paper cut which keeps coming and going over the last 5 months since I had a bad sickness virus. I take B complex which has 50mg of B2 in it daily and also evening primrose and probiotics but they still keep coming back, any suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hi

You have angular cheilitis.

This can be due to vitamin deficiency - such as B12 but you may not be able to absorb B12 from your gut so I'd certainly want a blood test to measure your vitamin levels.

It can often be due to a yeast infection - but some clotrimazole 1% cream and apply twice per day.

Dr Jef

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_cheilitis
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The fact that I have not had this before the virus could it be anything to do with that? How much B complex should I take the ones I have have about 50mg of B1, 2 and 12. You think I should buy this Clotrimaxone cream 1% then and give it a go?
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hi

No this will not be due to a viral infection.

I'd try the cream first but if it were not effective then get your blood checked.

Dr Jef