Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

My problem is my scalp and the direction my hair is growing..my head

My problem is my scalp and the direction my hair is growing. The last 3 to 5 years, I've picked, scratched, and pulled at my scalp.. in that order over time. At first I didn't give it a thought; but as time went on my head hurt, burned, was wet, bunches went in separete directions. I was determined to make it smooth again. Now, I have bald spots, my hair feels like its wraped around my head instead of finding an end right at the start of the scalp. I can not see, but feel something go into my eyes from my scalp that irritates and makes it hard for me to see very well. As I pull at my scalp, it gets very soft, like a noodle. I am afraid my scalp will never get back to normal. My neck and head are painfull and at different times sections of my face are numb and tinglins. I'm ashambed and afraid. What can I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.

Hello headline help,

To ind out exactly what is going on with your scalp you need to see a dermatologist and get cultures taken of your scalp.

You might even need a hair analysis.

It sounds like you could have an infection and once that is treated you scalp should start to look a lot better.

Also ask if it is ok for you to take a multivitiamin and extra B-complex to help your hair regrowth.

Best Wishes to you,

Macy