Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

I keep getting a bitter taste in the back of my throat particularly

I keep getting a bitter taste in the back of my throat particularly if I sniff. The only way I can describe it is that it is similar to the sensation you get when you accidently breath in hair spray or perfume when someone has sprayed it. Does anyone have any Ideas about what might be causing this or how I can stop it, because it really isn't pleasant!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

I would like to get some more detail information about your problem,

How long the problem is there?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any medicine?Have you seen doctor , run any test?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
have had problem for a couple of days now, I don't have any other disease and have not seen a doctor about it. The only medication I am taking is eyedrops for conjunctivitis but I started using these after i started getting the afore mentioned problem
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

Bitter taste in back of the mouth may occur from mouth conditions like stomatitis or inflammation of mouth , gingivitis or inflammation of gum , glossitis , caries tooth etc.but it should be associated with similar taste in the mouth.

The other conditions which may cause this reflux of acid from stomach , any respiratory tract infection , sinusitis or post nasal drip etc.

As your sensation is associated with sniffing it may be associated with sinus or nasal problem

You can go for an ENT check up to ascertain the cause.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience