Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I keep getting bruises on my arms without any obvious injury.

I keep getting bruises on my arms without any obvious injury. Apparently, they bruise at the slightest bump or scrape. They remind me of my mother's arms but she is 86 and I am 54. Sometimes they are many tiny dots clustered together and/or spread out. I can feel the little "bubbles of blood" just underneath the skin right after the bruises appear and if I touch the area as if to rub it, the skin tears and then bleeds. What could be the problem?
Sudden unexplained bruising or blood spots under the skin or a sudden increase in the frequency of bruising may be caused by:

A medicine, such as aspirin or blood thinners (anticoagulants).
Infection that causes the buildup of toxin in the blood or tissues (sepsis).
A bleeding or clotting disorder, such as hemophilia, thrombocytopenia, or another less common bleeding or clotting disorder. :
Chronic inflammatory diseases, such as lupus.
Liver disease
Inflammation of a blood vessel (vasculitis).
Malnutrition, such as deficiencies of vitamins B12, C, or K, or folic acid.

A detailed evaluation and a consultation with your regular doctor should be considered in your case .
You may be reffered for blood work like CBC , BT,CT , PT,PTT ,INR etc for further evaluation .