Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

I have a dull ache in the middle of my chest. At first it

I have a dull ache in the middle of my chest. At first it felt like back pain between my shoulders but then I noticed when I was eating last night it felt like the food was getting stuck about half way down my esophagus near the discomfort area. Also the discomfort increases when I bend over. It started in the middle of the night on Saturday. It actually woke me up and was too uncomfortable to fall back asleep. The same thing happened last night. Its worse in the morning. I am a 44 year old women in excellant health ( I just had a physical). I work out 4-5 times a week and am a non smoker. It seems to be worse today than yesterday. Soemtimes it feels like the discomfort is in my heart area in the middle of my chest. Should I get this checked out or give it a few days?
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

I am going to urge you to be checked asap.

Any chest pain needs to be checked and waiting could be detrimental.

Now it could just be GI related but it needs to be checked so you know for sure.

Best Wishes,

Macy