Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

Lower abdomen pain and nausea after eating

Lower abdomenal pain and nausea after eating. About 30 min after eating a modest meal, pain in the lower abdomen set in. I can feel a dense object or knot about the size of a grape just above, left, of the belly button. Can fell it with finger. Dull pain about 7 on scale of 1-10.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Greetings.

How long are you having the dense object or knot? Is it constant or goes back? For how many days do you have nausea and pain? Do you have any past illness? Are you on any regular medication?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The knot was in a higher location just below the xyphoid bone before a gastric duplicating cyst in the wall of the upper stomach lining (considered a 2nd stomach that was malformed from birth) was removed about , 2 yrs ago. The knot was noticed tonight, in a lower postion. The abdomen is distending currently and she wants to vomit but can't.

The knot is constant. Nausea and pain for about an hour, pain is increasing. She has had past stomach problems associated with stress and anxiety.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The knot can be recurrence of cyst or it can be a incisional hernia. Nausea and pain may be from stomach problem due to stress and anxiety. As there is an appearance of knot, the hernia should be excluded first.
She should be checked by doctor as early as possible for definitive diagnosis.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish her early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. What about the distending of the abdomen? the gas seems to be the cause of the pain. Can this be diviculatitis (sp sorry). in addition to the hernia?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
The distension of abdomen can be from indigestion, gas formation due to hernia.
It can be diverticulitis Diverticulitis can affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract.
Physical examination by doctor along with blood test, CT scan may be needed to confirm it.
Visit to doctor is necessary for confirmation.
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 25 years of clinical experience