How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Macy RN Your Own Question
Macy RN
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 805
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Macy RN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a nagging pain on the right side of my body. I cant

This answer was rated:

I have a "nagging" pain on the right side of my body. I can't figure out if it is my hip, my kidney, ovary or whatever else is on that side. It is not so painful that I can't tolerate it and it doesn't happen all the time. It has gone on for over a year now. When I went to my doctor a year and a half ago, he said my colon was full and suggested Dulcolax and treated me for high blood pressure (which I had at the time and is levelled off now).



I am happy to help you today.


You need to have your gallbladder checked if you haven't already done so.


Unfortunatly around 40 in females seems to be when it starts acting up.


The pain can sometimes be right under your right rib cage and down to your hip.


THe doctor can check lab work and send you for a gallbladder ultrasound to see if it is working properly.


If something is seen then a HIDA scan is usually ordered to check the function.


Stay clear from anything fatty as this can make it hurt worse.


If it isn't your gallbladder there is the possibleity of kidney stones or ovarian cyst.


Best Wishes,


Macy RN and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you