Dr.Mian
Dr.Mian, MD
Experience:  Diplomat American Board of Family Medicine
11474993

I am a 23 year old male. I have a bump on my perineum. It is

I am a 23 year old male. I have a bump on my perineum. It is painful and very painful to the touch. It is about the size of a pea, and has grown in the past day or so. It looks to be red and it is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches away from my anus. What could this be and what should I do for it? Thanks.

hello

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

A painful bump which is red and almost 2 inches away from anus about the size of a pea which has grown in the past day or so ... seems more likely a boil or infection of the hair root.It should be treated with antibiotics and may also need drainage.

It needs physical evaluation to confirm it.

I will suggest you to see a local physician to get physical evaluation as it is not possible to do so over the net and get it treated according to the findings.

Meanwhile, please do not apply hot compresses because if it is infection, it will grow more fast. Just take motrin or alleve for the time being till you see a local physician.

BEST WISHES