Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

Symptoms are plugged eustachian tube..ear

Symptoms are plugged estuchian tube, I get plugged up as soon as I get up in the morning. Allergy medicine doesn't help nor does Predisone or ear drops. I have this problem anywhere I go. Also I get so plugged up people have hard time understanding me when I talk.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
The Eustachian tube connects the middle ear space to the back of the nose.It can get blocked in URI, cold, allergies, sinus infection. The blockage can present with stuffiness.
There are several manuvers which can be helpful including eating, chewing gum, yawning, also you can open them forcefully by taking a deep breath and then pinch the nose and try to exhale. you will feel the pop and you know its successful. If you feel dizzy stop the act. If it continues to worsen .. seek medical attention and they can look into ear with otoscope etc.

Follow the link for deailed info.