Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis

I took a fall while camping and received a laceration to the

I took a fall while camping and received a laceration to the corner of my mouth and was unable to get help in time for stitches, is there anything I can do now to fix the large flap on skin on the inside corner of my mouth. My lower front teeth also have pain will this go away in has a few days since the accident. Thanks for the help.
Hi, Yes, you can still consult a surgeon for repair of the skin flap by stitches, if the cut is deep and unlikely to heal by itself. Continue using antiseptic ointments to the wound to prevent any infection. (like benzalkonium chloride).

The teeth pain is likley due to the fall and will subside in a few days. But you can use hexidine mouth gargle to maintain proper hygiene of the teeth and also gargle with diclofenac for the pain.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the " GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.