How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. M. Lahkar Your Own Question
Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. M. Lahkar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took a fall while camping and received a laceration to the

This answer was rated:

I took a fall while camping and received a laceration to the corner of my mouth and was unable to get help in time for stitches, is there anything I can do now to fix the large flap on skin on the inside corner of my mouth. My lower front teeth also have pain will this go away in has a few days since the accident. Thanks for the help.
Hi, Yes, you can still consult a surgeon for repair of the skin flap by stitches, if the cut is deep and unlikely to heal by itself. Continue using antiseptic ointments to the wound to prevent any infection. (like benzalkonium chloride).

The teeth pain is likley due to the fall and will subside in a few days. But you can use hexidine mouth gargle to maintain proper hygiene of the teeth and also gargle with diclofenac for the pain.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the " GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Dr. M. Lahkar and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you