Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

2 bottles of water then some steak tacos.. immediately felt sick

Ran a 10k race last night.. afterward I had 2 bottles of water then some steak tacos.. immediately felt sick... made it home... made myself thow up.. a couple time... a bit of the runs... There was a bit of blood in my throw up. the bile was dark and the blood was pretty red.. Food poising? something else?
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
did you notice blood after throwing up several times .. what was the color of the blood, any liver disease that you know off?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I looked in the toilet and noticed it after the first or second time.. It was very red kinda fresh
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
ok. its called mallory weis tear which is the tear in espophagus at the junction with stomach.. It is caused by severe vomiting and retching. It will get better on it own in 10 days. You can take prilosec for it. If it continue to blled you will need to see a doctor/ ER asap. See the link for detailed info