Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

I am having severe pains in my abdomen from the middle to the

I am having severe pains in my abdomen from the middle to the left side. I have sharp pain with pressure on the left side. I feel like it is gas but it seems to severe to be gas. Please help. This has been going on for about five months. It will hurt for several days and go away but usually comes back at least twice a month.
You should be evaluated by a stomach doctor. There are several conditions which can cause this including stomach ulcers( usually very painful ), gastritis, diverticulitis ( inflammation of out pouch of colon ), pelvic inflammatory disease, pancreatitis,hernia, decrease blood supply to the colon. Since its been going for 5 months .. you must see a doctor again . In the mean while you can try prilosec ( over the counter ) or nexium. Some women will also have abdominal cramping from the monthly ovulation. You can try to link it with your periods.