Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I am 23 year old female. I have developed a rash on my upper

I am 23 year old female. I have developed a rash on my upper torso three days ago. It consists of slightly discoloured, not itchy or painful and appear mainly on my chest and around the bra area and are spreading down to the stomach area and up to my neck. Currently taking hydrocortisone (GPs advice), I have not yet had chickenpox and the rash doesnt seem to get any better. Should I see a dermatologist or do you think sudocrem might help?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
Greetngs,

How the rash looks like? Does it contain fluid containing vesicles? Is it on one side or both sides?How is the itching?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, thank you for your time,

It looks like pale red slightly raised up patches, it feels slightl rough to the touch, doesnt seem to contain any liquid or be blistered,
some of them have a slightly darker area in the center, sizes vary from very small to 4mm. the skin in the middle of some of them looks broken. The rash is on both sides of the chest, middle of my stomach (above the belly button) and is currently spreading to my neck and my sides. it isn't itchy at all, can feel discomfort when I wear clothing.

Kind Regards
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The rash does not sound like chicken pox which usually appear as fluid filled vesicles. It may be some skin infection . Sudocrem may not be helpful . It will be better if you consult a dermatologist for a diagnosis & start early treatment.

Hope this information will help you.

Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 25 years of clinical experience