How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S Your Own Question
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 20863
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 23 year old female. I have developed a rash on my upper

This answer was rated:

I am 23 year old female. I have developed a rash on my upper torso three days ago. It consists of slightly discoloured, not itchy or painful and appear mainly on my chest and around the bra area and are spreading down to the stomach area and up to my neck. Currently taking hydrocortisone (GPs advice), I have not yet had chickenpox and the rash doesnt seem to get any better. Should I see a dermatologist or do you think sudocrem might help?

How the rash looks like? Does it contain fluid containing vesicles? Is it on one side or both sides?How is the itching?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello, thank you for your time,

It looks like pale red slightly raised up patches, it feels slightl rough to the touch, doesnt seem to contain any liquid or be blistered,
some of them have a slightly darker area in the center, sizes vary from very small to 4mm. the skin in the middle of some of them looks broken. The rash is on both sides of the chest, middle of my stomach (above the belly button) and is currently spreading to my neck and my sides. it isn't itchy at all, can feel discomfort when I wear clothing.

Kind Regards
Thank you for the input.

The rash does not sound like chicken pox which usually appear as fluid filled vesicles. It may be some skin infection . Sudocrem may not be helpful . It will be better if you consult a dermatologist for a diagnosis & start early treatment.

Hope this information will help you.

Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Dr. Su S and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you