drknowsbest, Doctor
Experience:  DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health

My 16 year old son was body surfing yesterday, and banged his

My 16 year old son was body surfing yesterday, and banged his head very hard on the bottom (sand & rock) it tore out a piece of his hair and left 2 big abrasions on his head. He is fine, no cuncussion or anything, we want to know what is the best way to treat this, so his hair will grow back and not have big scabs on his head?????
Category: Health
Expert:  drknowsbest replied 8 years ago.
Hello Customer!
If the hair follicles were not significantly damaged then it may be fine. Keep it clean with peroxide and apply antibiotic ointment until scabbed. Once it scabs over then try twice a day vitamin E capsules broken open and rubbed in. Unfortunately there is no magic to it. Everybody heals at their own pace and magnitude. Worse comes to worse if the abrasions scar and are noticeable in his hairline surgeons can transplant follicles from the bottom back of his hairline into the area.
Good Luck
Hope this helps!