Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

Ive had a sort of seeping from my sphincter for a couple of

I've had a sort of seeping from my sphincter for a couple of months. I went to my PCP and he treated it as a fungus because it had caused a irritated, raised ridge where my butt cheeks meet.    The ointment he prescribed has done nothing to relieve the constant itching and oozing. The ooze is clear, a little slippery and basically odorless, but it causes tremendous discomfort if I'm forced to got several hours without cleaning it. Any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 8 years ago.
You are having Anal Incontinence.

Fecal incontinence is a not uncommon problem, it occurs in upto 5 million people in the US. It occurs most commonly in older people and in women. The anal sphincter which holds in the faeces gets gradually weaker and this can cause loss of control. this causes leakage of the mucous of the intestines.

You should consult your doctor for this. Fungal ointments will not help in this. I would suggest that you get a second opinion. You should consult a specialist like a Gastroenterologist. You will need investigations like Anal Manometry.

You should look up this site for more info:

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it possible that the hemorrhoid I recently got is preventing the anus from closing properly? As I mentioned, this happened very close to the time I got the hemorrhoid.