Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

my grandmother has always had a problem with dizziness all

my grandmother has always had a problem with dizziness all her life. She can't explain it - its not classic dizziness or vertigo. In the past 3 days she has been so dizzy that she is vomiting and can't get out of bed to go to the bathroom its so bad. She does had food allergies - she can't have gluten. The doctors around here (small town) can't figure out what is wrong. She has gone to "specialists" who can't figure anything out. Before finding out she had food allergies from a natural medicines doctor, the doctors around here said maybe her stomach problems were all in her head! We thankfully found this natural medicines doc who tested her blood and found she had reactions to several foods...and this cured her stomach. But now in the last 3 days her stomach has been in pain - she is so dizzy that she is nauseaus and throwing up. We have no faith in our doctors because they just say your iron is low...its very frustrating because it is not just in her head
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for using Justanswer for your question. I am sorry for your wait. I just logged on today and saw that your post had been here awhile.

It is important to define what type of dizziness your grandmother is having. I would like to determine if this dizziness is the type where she feels that "the room is spinning" and sometimes when she moves her head it causes the senstaion to occur.

There are many types of dizziness.True Dizziness is a lightheadedness or a sensation that you are about to fall.

Vertigo is a feeling that the room is moving or spinning, or that you are moving when you are not, or even a feeling of floating. this is the type that I am trying to determine if your grandmother is experiencing it.

Some times people use the term dizziness when they are having a balance difficutly such as feeling like they are about to fall, have difficulty staying balanced, or may actually be falling.

Some people also say dizziness when they mean a generalized weakness.

If we could determine which sounds like her condition, it will help me to determine the problem.

Any other symptoms, how long this has been happening, time of day, or what you are doing when this happens is also important

If I may also have any other health conditions she might have, and any medication that she might take this may help give me a cue as well.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX look for your reply.

Susan

Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience: BSN, MSN, CNS