MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Physician for 20 years
3119816

premature menopause

i underwent 7 years of infertitlity tests from 20 to 27 . It was then discovered it was my partner who had too many antibodies in his sperm. so i recieved   AIH and became pregnant. i lost the baby after 4 months. I went back to hospital for check up after this and was given clomid by mistake which caused me to hemmorage it wasnt til i went to my doctor that this was discovered and was told by the professor of the hospital that this nurse was struck off and it wouldnt happen again.
i never went back to the hosopital
5 years later i went for a check up in a fmaily palnning and was told i was going through the menopause i was 32.
fot the last 10 years i have been put on everything to try to stop my sympthons which were severe.
i was wondering could the fact that i was given clomid after loosing a baby would it have caused me to be infertile
Category: Health
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.

There is no evidence that would link clomid (especially ONE dose!) to premature menopause years later. Most likely what your specialists are saying is true; you will never know what the cause was.

Please click ACCEPT.

Feel free to ask a follow-up question.