Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Hi, I am 20 yrs old. I have a lump on my epididymus at the

Customer Question

Hi, I am 20 yrs old. I have a lump on my epididymus at the bottom of my left testicle, at least I think it's my epididymus. It is not a lump on the testicle. I have had pain and discomfort for the last week and was prescribed antibiotics by the doctor, which seem to have subsided the pain a bit. I have been taking the antibiotics for six days. Is this lump at the bottom of my testicle cancer? It's a hard lump, but moves around on what I take it to be, my epididymus. Can you shed some light? thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

As the swelling is not in the testis, most probably it is in the epididymis as you have suspected.

Infection of epididymis is known as epididymitis

But after 6 days of antibiotic pain should be decreased. You may need change of antibiotic.

In testicle cancer testis as a whole enlarged or lump is felt in the testis.

There may be other symptoms of testicular cancer beside lump like pain in the groin, lower abdomen, heaviness of scrotum, fluid in the scrotum etc.

As the pain persists, you should contact doctor for evaluation again.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.