Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP

Im let them take some blood and urine samples

on friday I'm due to go for a medical, my doctor asked me if I would consider being assested by a doctor from biotek, because I've been on my tablets for over a year and a half now, in the letter it said that I would have to let them take some blood and urine samples, would that be all, or would I have to have a full medical, the letter is signed by a lady doctor, I'm a bit nervous

What medication are you on?

What is the purpose of the proposed assessment by "biotek"?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

my tablets are as follows, pregabalin 50mg, amlodipine 10mg, simvastatin 40mg,fenofibrate 160mg, citalopram 20mg, ramipril 5mg, diclofenac75mg and co-codamol 30/500tabs

Fairly standard medication

What is the purpose of the assessment by biotek?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my doctor asked me to take part in with this firm, it's some sort of database company, they took my medical history asked about my operations and want me to have a full medical examination done by them. bn

Presumably your Dr will be getting well paid for suppling patients to this company.

You do not need to get involved at all !

Dr Jef