Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK

I was diagnosed with a staph infection 4 days ago on 8-30.and

I was diagnosed with a staph infection 4 days ago on 8-30.and given antibotics cephalexin (generic for keflex), 500 ml 1cap 2x a day. The other is SMZ/TMP DS 800-160, (generic for Bactrim)- 2 tablets 2x a day. The rea of infection is on my right elbow joint, inflamed, it has spread an inch and a half since Friday. Can I wait until tomorrow, Tuesday, to see the doctor again? They mentioned on Friday that it might have to be drained. Is it worse to wait another day-harder to treat? Thank you so much!
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
If it is progressing .. you should see your doctor sooner than later.It can spread to the joint as well. With the use of antibiotics the area should not increase. Please mark the area with the marker to judge properly.