Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis
5326904

I asked a question got an answer and asked a further question

I asked a question got an answer and asked a further question to the doctor and waited for a reply but was disconnected with your site. I paid and gave all my info and password XXXXX   What do I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 8 years ago.
Hi, what else would you like to know?

I am available online to help you further after you send me this info.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know if you saw all my replys or not, you are a different Dr. than before for the same question. What info do you have on me?
Yeah Im Dr. Sandra. I have seen your previous posts. But anyway, its alright if you would like to continue interacting with Dr. Arun.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I din't mind which Dr. finishes my inquiry. I appreciate any help I can get. Please read all my posts and tell me if you think my pulmonologist gave me correct info on this disease staying with me from now on whether it be active or dormant in my lungs. I have alot of infiltrate areas and small cavities in the right lung too. I have not been as sick since the surgery. I have had one major infection episode and continue to cough and have low grade fevers. Thank you!!!!!! Mary

Hi, MAC infection as well as mycobacterium tuberculsosis can remain dormant within certain cells of the body known as 'macrophages' for years without causing any infection. But whenever there is a fall in the immunity of the person, the MAC can reactivate to cause infection. Such dormant lying MAC within macropahges are very difficult to destroy as the antibiotic as to enter inside the cell to kill the bacteria.
So, In a way i do agree with yourpulmnologist that The MAC will remain in tyour body for a very long time, even though may not be causing any active infection.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the " GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.