Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

I am a 35 year female and have had (2 weeks) severe nausea,

I am a 35 year female and have had (2 weeks) severe nausea, dizzy spells, loss of hair, depression, gastratios, bloating, gas, and a difficult time eating because sometimes I can't swollow the food. I have gone to ugent care 2 times and was given 1.5 litters of IV. My calcium level was high 10.9. Also, when i went to visit my Dr. he said it was due to stress. I was prescribed Priolosic and Xanax. I am naturally an outgoing and happy person but lately I have been feeling blue. Please advise if there is any possible test I could sugget to the Dr. I have blood test for pregnancy and it was negative.
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Justanswer.

Have your thyroid levels been checked. These symptoms correlate with this problem. Has anyone actually examined your neck, is there an enlarged lump near your adams apple? What is your energy level, do you feel tired?

Let me know about that, and if that has been checked, I will look up other possibilities and give you important lab test to be performed.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Yes, my thyroid has been checked and I was told it was normal. I am extemely weak and tired all the time. I have missed 8 days of work becuase i am very nauseas, weak and tired. I had x-rays of my stomach and chest and was told it was normal. My neck has not been checked and i don't feel a lump. I want to be back to my old self and return to work. I don't feel i am stressed from work or my personal life. If anything, i am stressed and frustrated that i am not getting any answers from my Dr.