Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

At a recent doctors visit he administered as EKG as part of

At a recent doctor's visit he administered as EKG as part of routine physical. He reported to me that my EKG showed my heart had had an "insult" perhaps a heart attack. He asked me to monitor my blood pressure and come back in a week. My blood pressure has been relatively high - this morning it was 165/100. I can't get to him until next Tuesday - am I OK just to wait to see him or should I go to another doctor earlier?
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I would call his office and tell the nurse what your blood pressure is.

More than likely he will call you in a prescription of blood pressure medicine to start taking.

If he is not in he should have another doctor on call that can do the same thing for you.

Because they have your chart and your ekg it would be best to let him handle it.

However if you can get a hold of anyone you do need to get your blood pressure down so you do need to be seen as soon as possible.

He should be able to call something in for you though.

Best WIshes,

Macy