Joseph Gelis
Joseph Gelis, Nurse
Experience:  LSU Graduate 1992 w/ Bacc. Science in Nursing, 15+ years bedside nursing, mostly in critical care.
8973592

pain in side when laying down right side

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  Joseph Gelis replied 8 years ago.

How long have you had this pain?

Where exactly is this pain, describe it?

What makes it better, what makes it worse?

Are there any other symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, chills)?

Have you seen a doctor for this?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
4 days--- 5 inches below my ribs only hurts when i lay down doesnot hunt when standing i have not seen a dr

Does it hurt in your abdomen, or in your side or back?

Describe the pain.

Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
side more in front no fever no other sickness pain is unbearable at night when laying down
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
side more in front no fever no other sickness pain is unbearable at night when laying down its not a deep down hurt
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
side sharp pain
Since it is based on position and there are no other symptoms, such as nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, pain with urination or fever, it is most probably muscular in nature. You very well may have an abdominal muscle strain. Were you doing any heavy lifting or strenuous work before this pain started? Lying in bed may be putting strain on this muscle causing it to hurt. I would recommend taking a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, such as ibuprofen, as directed and placing moist heat periodically over the site and see if you begin to get some relief. If after a day or two, it is not better, I would recommend visiting your primary care physician for an exam and evaluation of what is going on. I hope this has helped and you get some relief soon.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it fell to about 2 inches deep at first i though it was a kidney stone but it would hurt all the time this only hurts when i am laying down i cannt get comfortable and can not sleep
I recommend that you visit your doctor for an exam to determine if it something else besides a muscle strain. I hope you get some relief soon.