Macy RN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.

neg NST but in late recovery there were minor ST/T abnormalities

Is there concerns if a person had a neg NST but in late recovery there were minor ST/T abnormalities and rare PAC occurred
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am happy to help you today.

Great question!

The amount of concern would really depend on the degree of ST /T wave abnormalities.

Some doctors might just retest in a few months but some may want to do further testing.

I would like the doctor who did more testing.

The occasional PAC isn't a huge worry but of coarse if a person is symptomatic with them treatment is adviseable.

The fact the the NST was negative is great but since there was some changes I think it deserves to be looked at further.

The doctor might prescribe a cardiac event monitor that is worn to record cardiac rhythmn.

A angiogram ( cardiac cath ) might also be done.

Best Wishes,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do you think this person could go back to exercising-sternious walking-up and down hills
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
wants to know if person may go back to sternious exercising like walking up and down hills
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.

It would be best to get an ok from a Cardiologist.

The patients doctor might want to orde more testing before giving complete exercise clearance.