Macy RN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.

hello, whenever i go to sleep, i feel like my nasal breathing

hello, whenever i go to sleep, i feel like my nasal breathing is obstructed- i want to breath deeply, fast and easily.(i never had my adenoid taken) how can i breathe freely and easily, without getting headaches in the morning sometimes.and also i think i have much worse bad breath than normal people due to less oxygen thru breathing. so my questions are how to breathe much more freely thru my nose? and is it influencing my bad breath, and what can i do? ( i have hepatitis b-does it affect bad breath) what specialist should i see about my nasal breathing?

I am happy to help you todaySmile

Do you think that you stop breathing at night?

Do you snore?

Do you ever wake up gasping for breath?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am pretty sure i don't stop breathing at night
i don't snore
i don't wake up gasping for breath.

i just want to breathe easily and deeply close to breathing with mouth.
i think i may have a sinus problem
thank u doc

Thank you.

As long as you don't have high blood pressure there are over the counter nasal decongestants that you could use periodically at night to open your nasal passages.

However I would recommend seeing an ENT ( Ear nose and throat) doctor.

They could perform sinus xrays to check for any blockages or infection in your sinus cavity.

It is possible that you have allergies though and maybe some allergy medicine would help.

Your bad breath is likely caused from bacteria in your mouth but you could have gastric reflux too that could be causing as well as dental problems or H. pylori bacteria in your stomach.

Make sure to mention all of that when you see your physician.

In the meantime continue with the saline nasal spray.

You can spray with the saline spray as often as you would like and should probally a few times a day to keep your sinus cavity from drying out.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank u. i will let u know, if there's more q's regarding this topic. thank u so much

You are welcome.

I am here whenever you need me.

Have a great day!