Dr.Mian
Dr.Mian, MD
Experience:  Diplomat American Board of Family Medicine
11474993

My face is breaking out with red bumps and they itch and I

My face is breaking out with red bumps and they itch and I can't get them to go away. It seems like they are spreading. I have stopped taking my medication because I'm not sure if I am having a reaction to them. I stopped taking byetta around August 13th and now I started taking Levemir, Novolog and last week but I have stopped because I don't know what is causing the breakout. I am also taking Lisinopril but I have stopped that too, and i took 2 tablets of Fluconazole 15 mg 3 days apart for a yeast infection and applied nystatin cream which i've stopped for itching. I'm still breaking out in red bumps and thye are not going away fo some reason. I've stopped all medication for right now. Any suggestion of what might be going on?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Mian replied 8 years ago.

Hello

you should not stop all medications like that as it will cause more problems than benefit.

Specially when you stop meds like novolog, lisinopril, byetta.... means you can have serious health effects from uncontroled diabets and blood pressure.

Anyway, it is not possible over the net to physically evaluate the rash as that will help to know the diagnosis.

Drug reactions are usually all over the body and not in one particulaar area. But that is not the rule.

You should take your meds as advised by your physician, and have physical exam of the rash by local physician in order to make the right diagnosis and treat it accordingly.

Meanwhile you can take benadryl ( causes sleepiness) for the itching problem.

Best Wishes