Dr.Mian, MD
Experience:  Diplomat American Board of Family Medicine

I have been drinking bud light lime for three days straight

I have been drinking bud light lime for three days straight and now have a sore throat that seems to be swollen when I look in my throat. I am not sure if this is because of the new beer choice or some other problem. I have been drinking for some time and have never had this problem
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Mian replied 8 years ago.
From the description you have provided, it seems like it may be throat infection predisposed by continual cold drinks exposure .
Please get it checked by physician so that if needed, should be treated with antibiotics.

Meanwhile, you can do warn salt water gargles as much as possible. it will reduce the swelling inside and also will help to fight germs.

Take motrin or advil (but not tylenol as you have been drinking consecutively and it stresses the liver alongwith alcohol.

Best wishes for your health
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Could this have been some type of allergy to the drink? I have been drinking the same way for some time and this has never been a problem. I have just recently come across this Bud Light Lime and I am trying to see if the concentrated lime would usually cause some type of effect like this.
Expert:  Dr.Mian replied 8 years ago.
I doubt this is allergic reaction. it seems like local direct contact reaction provoked by acidity of the lime component( citirc acid) and then possible bacterial overgrowth over the damaged throat mucosa.

Best hope is it may not be infection but at least it is inflammation for sure that is giving you such trouble in throat.